Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:00 AM   #1

Which one would you recommend? I'm looking for at least 1GB SD card. SanDisk seem to be the popular and cheaper but if there's something else that is faster I would prefer.

Thank you
Shatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:29 AM   #2

It's a shame that nobody has responded to you because I am in the same boat. The Sandisk site lists the S1is and the S3is but no S2is. They looked it up for me and said they show a maximum size of 1GB in the SD. I would have expected at least 2GB.
inazsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 3:31 PM   #3

I just came back from Office Max. Picked up a 1GB Sandisk for $14.99 and a @2GB Sandisk for $24.99. Regular SD,s
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:45 PM   #4

I was reading some of the posts in the "Memory card error" thread. It seems most Canon users have this errors with the SD cards regardless of the card brand they use. And they loose the pictures. Not very good news to me. What good is a camera if you can't depend on it. I still have time to return it, so thinking....

Circuit city seem to have the SanDisk 2 GB for $29 with a card reader. I might go for that if I keep the S2.

Please let me know how yours worked.
Shatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:22 AM   #5

I share the same concerns after reading the error posts. My camera is still in route but I will keep you posted. I will be interested to see what the owners manual has to say about memory cards. It seems like memory card size limits would be discussed during a major review. Steve just mentions what card the camera was tested with. When I called Sandisk they advised that the 2is was tested with the 1GB card only. Actually they do not even list the 2is in the Canon section. They list the 1is and the 3is. Strange.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:16 PM   #6

Hi guys,
i am new to this forum and i hope to become a regular member.i have lots of information
which i hope to share with you.
andynebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:03 AM   #7

I've owned an S2 IS since April 2006 and have never had a memory card error. I use several different cards with no problems: Sandisk regular and Ultra from 512 mg to 2 GB, PNY 2 GB high speed, Kingston 1 GB high speed. I have yet to lose any pictures.
demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 9:34 AM   #8

Definitely use the SanDisk Ultra II or Ultra III (II hasn't given me trouble yet, but if you have even faster device, the III is a wise investment) if you plan on using the continuous shooting or full frame, full rate video recording without stalling.

The SanDisk Ultra II is rated at 60x write, 66x read. After low-level format, it records fine on maximum quality, maximum size, high speed continuous shooting.

The Corsair 60x will give "busy" icon on the bottom of screen and your continuous shooting will stall.

itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote