Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:34 PM   #1

When I bought this great camera in 2001, I didn't order the memory card feature. DUMB! Now it annoys me to use a diskette because they fill up AND my new computer doesn't have a port. I still have my assessory catalog but don't know what to purchase or where. Could use some help from this knowledgeable group. What a great website.

Spunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2

Spunky,

If I'm not mistaken, the FD92 came with a built in Memory Stick slot. Therefore, no adapter is required. There should be a Memory Stick slot on the back, lower right of your camera. You only require the adapter to use the Memory Stick Duo's.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:57 PM   #3
Administrator

rinniethehun is correct in that your camera will have a card slot for Memory Sticks.

Here's what you'll want:

Sony 128MB Memory Stick for $17.95 at B&H

Your camera can use a Sony Memory Stick up to 128MB in size.

It is *not* compatible with newer Memory Stick Pro cards, even though they are physically the same size. So, you're going to be limited to 128MB or smaller original Memory Stick Cards.

All Sony models made prior to the introduction of the DSC-F717 will not take cards larger than 128MB (with the exception of "Memory Stick Select" cards which have two banks of 128MB and a switch so that you can use 128MB at a time). Lexar and Sandisk also made them. For example, I've got a Lexar 128MB x 2 Memory Stick Select Card that works in older Sony models. But, I don't see them listed at popular vendor sites now.

Unfortunately, no cameras introduced prior to 2003 except for the DSC-F717 can use the newer Memory Stick Pro cards. That includes your camera (you're going to be limited to the original Memory Stick cards or Memory Stick Select cards)

I don't see any vendors that have Memory Stick Select cards in stock any longer (and even vendors that still stock the original Memory Stick cards are getting hard to find). So, your best bet is probably the 128MB Sony Memory Stick (original, not Pro) that B&H still carries that I posted a link to above.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:09 AM   #4

Thanks.I was able to get the 128 MB memory card directly from Sony for $19.95 and can connect to the usb port. It should hold 90 pix which is far better than a disk. Appreciate the feedback. Y'all have a wonderful holiday.
Spunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Administrator

Yes, I noticed one on Sonysyle.com, too (and it's even a newer HS model that is still compatible). So, it should work fine with it (and it should beat the heck out of using floppy disks). lol

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote