Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1

I am looking for a less expensive memory card for my A540, but I don't know much about the memory cards. I know that sandisk is a reputable company but the 1Gb card at circuit city is about $55 and its expensive. However I think the kingston and the transcend card are relatively inexpensive. so I would like to know has any one have any problems with any of these two cards. which one should I buy. need suggestions urgently
sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:01 PM   #2

I don't know where you are, but I assume that you're in the States somewhere because you mentioned Circuit City. In the Chicago area, Walgreens has the SanDisk 1-gig SD card on sale for $20 with no rebates, which is a pretty good deal. This is the standard speed, not the Ultra II, but for a 540 it should work pretty well for you. Good luck.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:18 AM   #3

I checked the walgreens site and it does not say anything about $20 for the 1gb card. its priced at $59. I guess its only in the Chicago area. I am in delaware. Thanks for the info though.
sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:04 AM   #4

I saw the price in a flyer that came with the Sunday paper. Sometimes the prices in their retail stores are different than what you may find on the web site. If you have a Walgreen's close to you, you can check at the store. Most of the time they will have a copy of their latest advertising flyer there, so you couldcheck and see if that particular SD card is on sale there. Good luck.
Attached Images

propwash is offline   Reply With Quote