Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 2, 2007, 5:21 AM   #1

I am thinking of gettingthe Sandisk Extreme 3 Compact Flash Card for my Canon 30D Camera.Has anyone out there ever tried this compact flash card?If yes,what do you think about it?Would you highly recommend it?

THANKS.

Killer Angel
Killer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:15 AM   #2

Both the Extreme III and the Ultra II are great performers! I have uesed both and own both. There isn't much difference in transfer rates. The Extreme card is more tolerant of "extreme" conditions related to temperature.

B& H has both on sale right now. The Extreme III one gig card is 39.95 and the Ultra II is 21.95. That is an incredible price!

Happy Shooting!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:08 AM   #3

I'm using the Sandisk Extreme III 2GB in my KM 5d. Much faster than the Kingston card I was using.
DrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:42 PM   #4
Administrator

DrChris wrote:
Quote:
I'm using the Sandisk Extreme III 2GB in my KM 5d. Much faster than the Kingston card I was using.
Almost anything is much faster in a KM 5D compared to a Kingston Card (if you had one of their Elite Pro cards). They've got a pretty bad reputation for performance in Konica Minolta models (although they seem to work fine in some other camera brands). I've got a 4x (not 40x) Lexar card that tests much faster than a 52x Kingston Elite Pro in a KM 5D. Apparently, there is a compatibility issue with some of the Kingston Elite Pro cards with Konica Model cameras..

You'll see some user reports for the Kingston cards near the bottom of this page (slower cards are at the bottom):

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/cfcard/index.asp?cam=5D

The Sandisk Extreme III cards are the fastest for your KM 5D.

Quote:
I am thinking of gettingthe Sandisk Extreme 3 Compact Flash Card for my Canon 30D Camera.Has anyone out there ever tried this compact flash card?If yes,what do you think about it?Would you highly recommend it?
These are very good cards and test quite fast in most cameras, including your Canon.

You can see some performance tests of popular cards in an EOS-30D at Rob Galbraith's web site on this page:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-8478

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote