Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:56 PM   #1

i went to see in a advertisement of two SD Cards

one Price cost was $39.98 for 2 Gb

and

The other price was 2 Gb $108.99

What is the difference could you explain ????????????

evelyne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2

Its possible one card was higher speed than the other, or perhaps from a "brand" name.

Or perhaps one company had yet to respond and reduce prices, eg last year Jessops in the UK had 1gb SDcards available for £80, while I could buy a better faster card online for £17.

You would need to give more details or a link to the advertisement.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:10 PM   #3

[align=left][sub]What you are telling me does not quiet jive why would it be $60.00 different that does not make sense sorry i need a better answer than that thank you da
[/sub][/align]
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:10 PM   #4

Umm, perhaps you are not a native English speaker and are not aware that your reply was insulting and very rude.

You ask a question with very little information, no links, no details (in other words the typical poorly phrased newbie question), I give you the courtesy of a reply to the best of my ability and you reply again with no details and refuse to accept my answer.

SD cards come ina variety of speeds and qualityand from a massive amount of manufacturers, from the elite Exteme III cards of Sandisk to the basic no frills standard speed cards from any number of small far eastern outfits.

As an example www.newegg.com, have 2gb sd cards rangingfrom an A-Data, 50x speed card for $18.99 all the way to a Panasonic Pro (approx x133) for $93.99

Thats a difference of $75

In this case more newbieswill have heard of Panasonic and want the higher speed card than have heard of A-Data, others will find a equally high speed card from yet another manufacturer nearer the A-Datas price and buy that instead.

In all honesty the cheap and cheapful cards are almost as likely to be working fine 5years from now as the bigger brand names, in fact many "brands" don't actually make their own cards, just buy in bulk from a 3rd party and put a new sticker on.

My cheapest SD card from a online webshop here in the UK has the shops name on the sticker, peel it off and we find its made by Toshiba !

Then again the bigger brands may offer bonuses, Sandisk standard cards come with a 5 year warranty, ultra iihave alifetime warranty, extreme iii also a lifetime warranty and rescue software to recover lost files.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 3:28 PM   #5

Sorry i did not want to unsult you please fogive me that was not my intention i am awful sorry .

Now i understand what you mean thanks again for all your help it was very kind yes you are right English is not my First language sorry