Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:29 PM   #1

I have a xD picture card 256mb and all my photos show up in my camera when i turn it on,but when i go to the fuji shop and go to get my photos doneonly old photos show up on the screen that arnt even on the card or in the camera.The same thing happens when i insert the card into a digital camera card reader but a msg also appearssaying 'the disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. Please remove the write protection them the volume in drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR20. i dont know whats wrong please some one help! :-)
just a brunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:17 PM   #2

On both Olympus and Kodak the image files are located in the folder DCIM100xxxxx, xxxxx depending on the brand and model of the camera. The Fuji kiosks and at least some Kodak kiosks don't have the ability to navigate down a folder tree.

What I usually do set aside one of my spare cards for taking files to kiosks and copying the files I want to print to the root level of the card.

I'm assuming good computer literacy in this answer. If that's not a good assumption let me know and I'll provide more details.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:07 PM   #3

hey ac.smith, thanks for replying, after fidgiting around with it trying to fix it myself i decided to take it to a friend who works at harvery norman n see if he can fix it or find the problem, if he doesnt have a clue ill do what u just told me :-)thanks mate. ill let u know how it goes.
just a brunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:28 PM   #4

All these camera memory cards have a little slider on the side of the card

in one position the card is write protected in the other it's not.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote