Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:08 PM   #1

Using an SD card and Lumix camera. I can view pictures on the card using a card reader and PC but when viewing via the camera some pictures are missing. They are all in the same "folder" DCIM/101PANA. Why ?? I'm a tad puzzled. Sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere.
Bootlebarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:40 PM   #2
Administrator

If you have copied other JPEG images to your card that weren't shot with the camera then they are probably missing the Exif header that is necessary for a camera to recognize them as valid images. There is a program that might help:

TVwriter for Windows
Windows program to convert JPEGs after processing in Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc. for TV slideshow display from your digital camera or on your large-screen TV. Make your slideshow from any JPEG file - camera original or edited. Yes, what many people have said was impossible can now be done with the help of TVwriter. Take individual JPEG files or even a complete folder of JPEG files and using simple drag-and-drop convert them into a slideshow you can carry around in your pocket on a Compact Flash or Smart Media card, and display on any NTSC or PAL compatible TV direct from your camera!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:18 AM   #3

Interesting & it could be the solution. I had downloaded some frames from the camera to PC using a panasonic application. These are the frames that can be copied to the card but are not recognised back at the camera. I quess that the additional header was not downloaded as it is when you copy files diectly from the SD card.

Thanks

Bootlebarth is offline   Reply With Quote