Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:34 PM   #11

Best buy has Sandisk Ultra II CF cards 2G at $40.00.

Wife "allowed" me to get just one.

That's $20.00 cheaper than the 1G Kingston or Lexar 1G cards I got about a month ago with my camera.
madecov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:37 PM   #12
Administrator

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I can remember spending a lot of money for a Lexar "USB Enabled" 128MB 4x card some years back when they were introduced (close to $300 if memory serves).
I was going through some boxes of old paperwork this morning (trying to figure out what I could throw away, since I am somewhat of a packrat).

Low and behold, I stumbled upon this (an online invoice I had printed at the time I ordered it). So, when I remembered this recent thread, I thought I'd scan it and post a copy. It was an 8x versus a 4x. But, my memory of the price was about right. If I happen to stumble upon receipts for any other older "state of the art" cards, I'll scan a copy of those, too. :-)
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:17 PM   #13

Did you keep the boxes and packing too?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:34 PM   #14
Administrator

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Did you keep the boxes and packing too?
Have I met you before? You must know me. :-)

Actually, I've got so many boxes of old stuff here it's amazing, and yes, I still have loads of packing material in them, too). I rarely throw away the boxes anything is shipped to me in. Trust me, I'm a packrat.

We moved from the Marietta, GA area to Savannah, GA about 2 or 3 years ago, and I took 2 large flatbed trailers of stuff to the dump then before we moved (and that's not counting all of the stuff I was putting curbside over a couple of months getting ready to move while we were selling the house).

I do regret throwing some of it away though. After all, 3rd grade homework is important to keep forever, right, and that photo paper I used for contact prints that expired 30+ years ago should have been kept, right (for Nostalgic value). lol

I gave away tons of other stuff that I didn't throw away, including boxes and boxes of books and magazines, kitchen stuff, beds, sofas and more. Heck, I even gave away 2 running vehicles and a pretty decent reel type self propelled lawnmower), and we still don't have room in our new home for all of my "stuff" (it's a much smaller home). lol

My wife is complaining about my office (we have company coming tonight from out of town). The company is her relatives (so, she wants to make a good first impression since they haven't seen the house here). I've got boxes stacked floor to ceiling in my office now (and the attic and garage are packed full, too). Why use a garage to keep a car out of the weather when it can hold your more important "stuff"? ;-)

So, I guess I really should throw some of it away now to keep her happy. It's going to take a while (it's not going to be done before the company gets here tonight for sure). It will be a longer term project. LOL

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 6:19 PM   #15

Prices for cameras seem to drop too. I could have saved over $500 if I bought my XT now instead of back in 2005.

I like to keep all my receipts in case of warranty claims and IRS audits.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:33 AM   #16

Yep, prices of memory cards are dropping like rocks! Just ordered a 2gig Fuji card from Ciruit City for $47+tax!Bad part of the deal is I just got an email from them stating that it will be at least 1-2 weeks because they are out of stock and back ordered.Well, that still beats what I would have paid last week if I could have afforded it.
tjcnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:16 AM   #17

JimC wrote:
Quote:
JimC wrote:
Quote:
I can remember spending a lot of money for a Lexar "USB Enabled" 128MB 4x card some years back when they were introduced (close to $300 if memory serves).
I was going through some boxes of old paperwork this morning (trying to figure out what I could throw away, since I am somewhat of a packrat).

Low and behold, I stumbled upon this (an online invoice I had printed at the time I ordered it). So, when I remembered this recent thread, I thought I'd scan it and post a copy. It was an 8x versus a 4x. But, my memory of the price was about right. If I happen to stumble upon receipts for any other older "state of the art" cards, I'll scan a copy of those, too. :-)
You wouldn't be interested in selling it would you. You could make a qick $5.00 LOL
Tell me about it, I once paid $289.00 for a CD player!
Mmmmm...maybe we could have a trade in the making here :idea:
gerrydee is offline   Reply With Quote