Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:45 PM   #1

I picked up a Ritz "Big Print Digital Film" (that's what the packaging says, honest :roll: ) 1GB SD card by Lexar. $30 @ Kit's Cameras. I see from the Rob Galbraith reviewof the Canon EOS 2D's write speed (just an example, that is not my camera) that Lexar's Pro Series 133x performs very well but I don't see anything for the "standard" Lexar models. How does this card compare to other brands, namely SanDisk Ultimate or Extreme? I think that the Ritz-branded card is probably this Lexar Model.
alton krenslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:04 AM   #2

You won't believe this: I went to Kit's yesterday to return the Samsung S850 and the "Ritz by Lexar" Standard SD Card (it has a Ritz label on the card but is the same card). I didn't notice that on the day that I bought the card the receipt showed $49.99:shock: instead of $29.99 as I was told by the salesman. No sweat really as I was returning a sealed package but it is incredible that they have the nerve to charge $50 for a standard Lexar 1 GB SD card.

Amazon has the Lexar Professional 133x 1 GB SD card for $42 (PC Universe). Even Lexar's own Store only wants $60 for a 1 GB Pro 133x although, incredibly, they want $50 for a standard card, too!

FWIW, I'll be using Lexar's Platinum II 60x 1 GB in my Canon A630 but I'll buy it from Amazon for $35 (incl. shipping).
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:23 AM   #3

Ritz wanted close to $60.00 for a 1G fuji xD card.
Wal-Mart was $43.00
Sam's club is $29.70

Best buy has Sandisk 2G SD and CF cards (ultra II) @ $40.00
madecov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:34 AM   #4

madecov wrote:
Quote:
Ritz wanted close to $60.00 for a 1G fuji xD card.
Shoot, Kit's wanted $40 for a Fuji xD 1 GB card a few weeks ago (must've been on sale) but I found the identical card at Staples for $18!

Just to get my A630 up and running I got a Standard SanDisk 512 MB at Staples for $15 today. I'm going to order a Lexar Platinum II 1 GB soon (doesn't hurt to have more than one card).

Say, what do you think of Corel Photo Album 6 that Lexar bundles with the Platinum II SD cards (see related thread)
? My local Wal-Mart has Platinum II 1 GB for $36, but without the Corel CD. I can get a Platinum II card with Corel at Amazon for about the same price (incl. S&H).
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:24 PM   #5

Corel is loaded with spyware.

madecov is offline   Reply With Quote