Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 19, 2003, 5:06 PM   #1

Default Kodak CF cards

Hi all,

I have a Canon Digital Ixus V3 and a 128mb Kodak CF card. I am looking at purchasing a much bigger card (most likely a Sandisk 512mb). My question is, how do Kodak compact flash cards compare with Sandisk cards in terms of transfer speeds? I can't find information about Kodak cards anywhere to be able to compare the speeds.

Thankies,
sTeVEn.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2003, 9:51 PM   #2
Administrator

As far as I know all of the Kodak cards are the same speed as the original SanDisk cards which is pretty slow. In terms of the Lexar "X" speeds I'd say Kodak CF and SanDisk CF cards are probably 2X speed.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:34 AM   #3

When you say 'the original sandisk cards', do you mean all the standard, non-ultra range? I'd like to get an ultra but I'm also watching my bank balance.

I'm just hoping that no matter what I buy, it will be an improvement on what I already have.

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that I think your website is absolutely BRILLIANT. I will never purchase any digital camera or accessory without consulting steve's-digicams first. Thank you thank you thank you.
sTeVEn.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 11:03 AM   #4
Administrator

Yes, I meant the original SanDisk cards not the new Ultras.

There are a lot of fast CF cards out there now and the price of all f them have dropped drastically in the last year. My favorites lesser known brands are Ridata, Transcend, Dane Electric and Samsung, these are all robust cards with transfer rates in the 20x and faster range.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote