Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:17 PM   #1

Please help!!!! I bought this memory card reader so I can transfer images from my computer that I took with my Canon S3 back to the card. Then I can take the card to the kiosk to print them. But when I hook the reader to my computer and copy the images to the card, they can't be viewed on my camera. I did not edit the pictures either.. at least not the ones I am trying to copy.

I was looking forward to this card reader as I have multiple cards and it would be nice to keep everything on one card.

Canon tells me that if you upload your images with Microsoft windows, the tags are different and that's why Canon cameras can't view the images. He told me to use the zoom browser program but I can't even figure out how to export the pictures with that. I click on export and I don't see the images in that program.

My question is why can't I view the images on my camera again. :\ Did I just waste my money on the card reader or is there a different reader on the market that will eliminate this problem?

Raztaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:05 AM   #2

Anyone? Nobody has ever transferred images to one card and had the viewing problem in their camera?
Raztaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Administrator

If you usea card reader and you copy image files directly to a folder on your computer you should be able to put them back on the card and be viewable in the camera again if they haven't been edited. When copying back to the card the images must go a subfolder of the DCIM folder. Best to format the card in the camera first, this will create the folder tree that the camera is looking for such as:

{cardroot}/DCIM/100CANON

The images must be put in the 100CANON folder - or whatever it is named after format.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote