Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 7, 2007, 9:18 AM   #1

I am new to Compact Flash Card (CF) use. I have been using xD cards for 3 years now. I just got a Fuji S9100 camera ordered and want to get some CF memory for it. I am confused about all the different kinds some are ultra II, ultra III and some are not rated and others are listed as a speed such as x40 x80 x 133.

What would recommend for a first time user to buy. I was looking at the Sandisc Ultra IIs..... maybe 2GB size (x2) they are on sale at Staples this week for under $30. Is that a good starter card. I also have a stack of xD cards I can use in the camera.

Tnanks for any advise you can pass along and for all the advise everyone has given me in this forum so far.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2007, 3:58 PM   #2

Sandisk Ultra II is a very good brand. Your camera should support at least 2gb cards but check the owners manual for larger cards usually indicated by FAT32 support.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 6:48 PM   #3

Bob thanks for confirming what I thought was the right way to go. Staples has the 2gb cards for $29.98 this week. I will get one in the morning for the camera that is due to arrive tomorrow.

I checked with several reviews on this camera and it says compatable up to 4GB CF and 2GB xD cards.

Thanks for your time

dave
Old May 10, 2007, 9:56 AM   #4

Got my camera and memory card yesterday. Had it all of 25 minuters when a small fire broke out and I was off to work. I took the new and old camera with me and used the new camera for most of the shots and the 2GB CF Ultra II card was perfect in the camera. Took me the first 6 frames to figure out the focusing after that piece of cake.

dave
Old May 10, 2007, 8:02 PM   #5

For my 9100 I picked up 4G card from Microcenter. No problems at all. $49.99

Not super fast but not too bad. Of course this was before all the big rebates on memory
madecov is offline   Reply With Quote