Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 23, 2007, 12:52 AM   #1

I tried to search for an answer, but either I didnt use the right search or my brain is mush(probably mush, Ive been researching too much!).

Ive only ever dealth with memory cards, but the camera Im thinking of getting takes memory sticks(sony H7).

I was originally going to get a ultra ll or extreme lll 1 or 2 gig memory card... but now I cant. After reading the accessories info and going to the retailers sites I see that sandisk makes these in stick.

Im still not very knowledgable, but I was told that the ultra and extreme had fast write times. Is that true?

Im going to need a fast write time memory stick now. Would the ultrall or extreme lll still be a good choice? or should I get a sony one?
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2007, 7:56 AM   #2

SDIX wrote:
Quote:
I was originally going to get a ultra ll or extreme lll 1 or 2 gig memory card... but now I cant.
Why not?

The Extreme III flash memory cards are some of the fastest available, and the Ultra II cards are not far behind.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 10:46 AM   #3

cause the sony does take the memory card that I was going to get, it takes memory sticks... which are a totally new thing to me!

If they make a stick in those versions, then Ill get it!
Old May 23, 2007, 11:39 AM   #4

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Cata...Duo_Cards.aspx
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 11:47 AM   #5

awesome! So since they have the stick too and its nice and fast... now I just have to decide which one Ill get
Old May 23, 2007, 12:33 PM   #6
Administrator

Be careful when buying that you're using the Duo type memory stick cards (the full size Sony memory sticks are physically too large to work in the H7). The Duo type cards are smaller and needed for many of Sony's newer models.

IOW, you'll need Memory Stick Duo or Memory Stick Pro Duo cards for the H7. The Pro Duo cards should be faster.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 6:11 PM   #7

is $40 a good deal for an extremelll 1gig pro duo memory stick??

if so circuit city has them on sale until saturday and Ill probably get it.

Is that big enough? I am use to my 64 and 128mb kodak cards in my 3.1mp camera. I never once filled up the card except for shooting video... so will 1gig be big enough? How many will that give me in an H7?(I cant remember where the chart is to check)
Old May 23, 2007, 7:33 PM   #8

The Ultra II card should read and write around 9MB per second. My Ultra I Compact Flash card is plently fast for me and uses little battery power which is a plus.

I'd get eother 2x 1GB or a 2GB card to make sure you have enough room to keep hooting when something important to you happens. I find 1GB is not always large enough for me but 2GB is more than enough.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote