Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 29, 2007, 10:48 PM   #1

I have a Fuji S6000 which uses an XD M-type card. I copied pics from the card to my PC, then deleted the pics from the XD card. I proceeded to rotat some of the pics using IrfanView, then transferred some the images back to the XD card. All of the images I rotated andsaved via IrfanView now give me a "card read" error when I try to view them thru the camera. However, these samepicsare viewable on the computer in IrfanView, but not when using the Fuji software. Any idea what happened and how to fix?
jdgrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2007, 8:38 AM   #2

I have always had problems with the Fuji software. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to do all my editing and rotation.

Generally I do not wreite photos back to my xD card buit to a CD or a DVD. However I just did a test after rotating an image via Adobe back to an xD card and it worked fine for me in my 9100.

Hope this helps

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 10:23 AM   #3

Once you edit an image on your computer, in whatever program, you can't display them in the camera any longer.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 10:36 AM   #4

Thanks Dave and Tcav, I appreciate it. I have PhotoShop, but not Elements. Will that work also?

Jeff

Old May 30, 2007, 8:41 PM   #5

Why don't you rotate your pics in the camera, before you upload them to your computer?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 10:24 AM   #6

Editing with the camera seems like my best option. Is there any way to reformat or "uncorrupt" the photos I've already changed so that they can be read with the Fuji software?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:13 AM   #7

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Once you edit an image on your computer, in whatever program, you can't display them in the camera any longer.
My bad I did the test with the card in a memory card reader. Put the card back in the camera and your right no image. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote