Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:02 AM   #1

Has anyone who might own this device tested it with 2 or 4GB Compact Flash cards and see if it can read them and transfer data from them. I knoiw it works with a 1GB CF and 1GB xD cards. I am ;planning a once in a life time trip and can't take laptop with me (can only take my camerra bag and another suitecae and the suitecae where the laptop would go would stay in a hotel room all day long while I am out so I don;t want to chance my durabook laptop) and want to be able to shoot to 2GB or 4GB cards and then off load them at night to this device.

Thanks in advance for your repiles

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2007, 7:57 AM   #2

The specs for the Wolverine 6020 state that it is compatible with Fat/12/16/32, so I think you're covered.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks I was having trouble locating those specs

dave
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:56 PM   #4
Administrator

I'd look into it further.

Just because it's specs show FAT32 support doesn't mean that it will support newer SDHC Secure Digital cards and newer type H XD Picturecards (and I can't tell if it will or not from looking at the specs at B&H, since it doesn't mention these media types).

If you're using CompacFlash, you're probably OK. For other media types, I'd dig into it more.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:42 PM   #5

Jim I know from experience that with an adaptor that can read xD cards via the SM card slot the 1GB H series xD cards work just fine in the device. Never tried it with a CF card yet but next week I will be covering gthe county fair so I will run a test when I get home with a 2GB cartd I bought last weekend. I will report back

dave
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:05 AM   #6
Administrator

It should work with larger CF cards as long as the specs are correct and it supports FAT32.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:31 PM   #7

I did a test and it would not read my 2GB Sandisc Ultra II Compact Flash Card. I also e-mailed tech support and they told me the new CF cards may not work on the device and that their is no firmware update available.

dave
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:04 PM   #8

Another option might be to use a computer at your hotel to transfer photos from your CF cards to CDs or DVDs. Many hotels have computers that guests can use to check e-mail, etc., and this might be a more viable solution than carrying around your wolverine anyway.

That way, all you need to bring is a card reader and some blank disks.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:39 PM   #9

GREAT idea and my hotel chain does have 2 of them that guests can use but they told me they only have CD burners. So shooting 8 to 12GB over the 5 day event I better take 18CDs with me.

GREAT idea would have neve thought of that.

Thanks for your time.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:54 AM   #10

Since they have computers you can use, but those computers only have CD burners, you might consider some flash drives instead. They give you a bit more flexibility and will take less time to write to than the CDs. You'll still need the card reader though.

Enjoy your trip.