Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:45 AM   #1
jom

Default SanDisk Imagemate driver problem on XP

Hello

I've got an Imagemante for CF memory I bought 3 to 4 years ago. I've had trouble with the driver for this since I started using XP. I recently had to recontruct my OS so now I'm looking for the driver for this. From the SanDisk website it tells me to use SDDR-91. I download ZIP file but when I run the "setup" it gives me errors. Anyone have this problem?

Also, before my latest reinstall of the OS I tried to use the Imagemate but the OS told me the driver I tried to use was NOT compatable with XP. I went and used it anyway but the tech people at MS later told me to be careful using drivers that are not compatable with XP. It "may" have led to my subsequent OS problems. So when I do get this new ZIP file to work is it going to be compatable? Has SanDisk recently upgraded their drivers?

Thanks

jom
jom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2003, 4:36 PM   #2

I'm having problems just getting any driver that will work with Windows XP for my Smartmedia Imagemate. If anybody out there have a solution or patch, please pass it along.
hooblert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 5:53 PM   #3

Run PQmagics dual boot and install Win98SE or Win2k in its own partition, run 3 year old drivers and hardware with compatible OS's of the day!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:24 PM   #4

Where might one find the dual boot program? ops:
hooblert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:37 PM   #5

It's included with 'Power Quest' PQMagic version 7 (do some googling), but I think it came with earlier versions. You set up your primary OS say XP, but at switch on you can install and run Win98/Win2k/Linux etc from separate partitions selected from a menu which pops up when you first boot.

It creates virtual 'C' drives in totally separate partitions so you install and boot with whatever Win OS takes your fancy, you can't obviously look across the other virtual 'C' drives which stay protected and hidden, but remote drives/CDROM/ peripherals and any other partitioned drive letters are all visible. It's like having 3 or 4 separate versions of Windows on your PC and great for checking out whether stuff known to work on say Win98SE, will work on XP.

I don't run XP, but I thought it came with a similar feature to run multiple copies of different OS's. I run both Win98SE and win2K in separate partitions because I need Win2K sometimes to reformat cards from DOS as FAT16 and change their cluster sizes (Win98SE DOS doesn't have this)
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 2:14 PM   #6
jom

Thanks, but that really doesn't solve my particular problem. I just thought someone else might have talked to SanDisk about this. I have forwarded an email to their support area AND I'll probably call them tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

jom
jom is offline   Reply With Quote