Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:29 PM   #1

I have been prepearing for a once in a life trip that will produce 1000s of photos. I leave in 7 days. I noticed last week that my Sandisc Ultra II card will read in some deivces and card readers that can handle FAT 32 formatted cards and not in others. Is that normal that those cards can only be read in the latest and greatest FAT 32 formatted devices and card readers.

Should I be worried that the card maybe going bad and may fail in my camera? The place I bought it told me they would change it out with the same card a s a replacement.Only had it for 3 months. But they also told me if the new card acts the same they will not replace that card.....

Should I rush out and buy another card to replace it before I leave. Reason being I need both the 2GB and a 4GB pqi card that I have in order to have enough memory card space to get me through the day before I will have a chance to do my offloading regiment via the hotels computer.

Any and all advice aooreciated.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:56 PM   #2

I don't trust one of anything.

Bring a card reader with you.
Bring the USB cable for your camera with you.
And bring extra CF cards with you.

All that gear will take up less space that one pair of socks.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:08 PM   #3

Thansk I am agreeing 100% with you. My mini 40GB USB external hard drive will go in my camera bag at all times. I will use an old waist pouch that is too small to go around my waist (had it as a kid) to hold my camera cable, USB hub and USB card reader. I leave on 26th for 6 full days of pure photo fun. I will advise when I get back how it went, the work flow I ended up using.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote