Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:58 PM   #1

...for a 2GB card. Just thought you guys might like to know. This comes at a good time for me cause I've been mulling over what card to buy to replace an ebay fake Extreme III 1GB. I was going to get a 4GB Ultra II with the Micromate reader for ~$60, but I may just forgo the reader and just get two 2GB cards instead and save a few bucks. :?Anyone want to convince me wether or not I should do this?
ShutterBugSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:38 PM   #2

The Ultra II Compact Flash cards are AWESOME. They are fast in the camera, fast in the card reader and very well built. Only issue I have is some of the older card readers and devices do not recongnize them. I use a 2GB Ultra II Sandisc Compact Flash Card as the default card in my Fuji S-9100.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:26 AM   #3

Sounds like a good deal @Radio Shack-except that SanDisk only has a 90 day warranty on this card. I won't buy anything with that short a warranty-doesn't give you a warm, fuzzy feeling. Anyone know about Edge Cards? They have a lifetime warranty as does PNY.
DMJJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:44 AM   #4

90 days?

I just picked one up at Radio Shack. The Ultra II has a "Limited Lifetime" Warranty. Summarized: It will be free from defects as long as you own the card if it is not used improperly.

$20 is the cheapest I have ever seen for this card. No Rebate hassles to mess with either.
outpost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:47 AM   #5

That's what the Radio Shack website indicated. If it is a lifetime warranty I will buy it tonite.
DMJJR is online now   Reply With Quote