Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:59 AM   #11

akashm wrote:
Quote:
hi, i hopesomeone can help me on this one...

i recently had an event and took a whole load of photos, and i got home and rushed to upload em, so i was a bit careless when i stuck the memory card(memory stick PRO Duo by Sony) into the slot i had in my computer...which ive never used...

the thing is, the slot says its compatible with these cards, which is about all the info u get,a picture of the logo on the memory card and i was good to go...

but when i stuck the card in, it just kept goin and got lodged inside the computer...so by now ur all probably laughin ur asses off, but trust me, its the most annoyin and frightening thing having an expensive memory card stuck inside a computer...with all my photos..

so i could either hav tried to dig it out or yeh i dno what else...

the front end, or the big with the gold stripes which im guesin has somethin to do with memory holding, looks as if its got small scratches on it, you hav to look closely...

but anyway, i got the card out, and now when i put it into the camera or into a PROPER memory card reader, it doesnt read it at all...

so is ther any possible way which i could get my photos off the card at all?

please help somebody, the photos mean alot..

regards

akash
Hi!

There is a comon problem that somebody can't download the pictures from the card. Don't be nervous,there is a solution which wil save your photos. Just see that recovery firm: http://www.kurt.hu/datarecovery/recoveryprices
gubak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:45 PM   #12

Default memory card broken in 2 separate pieces.

hi

i feel kind of stupid asking this question but maybe theres something i dont know.
my dog recently broke my cameras memory card in 2 seperate pieces from the middle.
i just want to ask if someone knows if theres anything that can be done to recover the data.

Thanks for the info.
valaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaf View Post
my dog recently broke my cameras memory card in 2 seperate pieces from the middle.
i just want to ask if someone knows if theres anything that can be done to recover the data.
If anybody can do it, these people can: http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/photo-recovery/
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
If anybody can do it, these people can: http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/photo-recovery/

Thanks ill try them.
valaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:34 PM   #15

Hey, I've had a similar experience and it's been resolved so just thought I'd recommend the guys that helped out.

My memory card just stopped working after removing from the computer without first clicking on remove hardware. maybe it was a surge or something, the result was my camera and computer wouldn't read it no matter how hard I tried. I got a new reader, tried different computers and even downloaded some free software but still couldn't get any sign of life from it.

After searching online I found Recoverfab, within three days of posting they had found the photos and recovered all of them.

hope this helps, the link is http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php
Photo Sam is offline   Reply With Quote