Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:52 PM   #1

Hello Folks,

Yesterday I received this "OEM" Mini SD with adapter for regularly SD slots. Look my attached photos...please!).

Seems me that is made by Toshiba (As on the Mini SD back say "Made in Japan!); & to my knowledged Toshiba is the "Only" factory that today produced "In Home"...their memories cards.:O

What it's better this type of memory card (In my particular case a Mini SD one), with an a adapter or from the factory a regularly SD card.:?

It's intended to be use with my last acquired Pentax K10D body:!:

Also maybe, can I be informed how fast is...:P

Thanks so much for your heart fully information

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:55 PM   #2

Now the Mini SD from the back!:P

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:03 PM   #3
Administrator

You'll have to test it and tell us how fast it is. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 2:58 AM   #4

JimC wrote:
Quote:
You'll have to test it and tell us how fast it is. ;-)
Hello my dear Jim,

Yes today I do it...& really I'm so surprised/stupefied comparatively with my only SD card "TILL" today in use with my Pentax K10D body...which I acquired a year ago a SanDisk Ultra "Plus" 512Mb.

My Ultra Plus one downloaded my JPG maximum quality & size files at 4.3mb per seg, this one rise the speed till 7.9mb per seg...which seeing/witnessing can't be believably.

Also I noticed/observed...that provide me 6 more photos when I formated the card that the SanDisk Ultra Plus one...which was 103 in total this one 4 times bigger in capacity show on the camera photos counter 418...explicating more detailed... 103 X 4 = 412...from 512Mb to 2GB...this card provide me 6 more shoots...

As ONLY I download my photos to my Picasa 2.7 photo organizer...so I saw such differences in transferring speed.:?

For me will be remain inside my lovely Pentax K10D for ever!:-)

Peace,

Old Sep 23, 2007, 4:02 PM   #5

In general, MiniSD and MicroSD Cards are for cellular phones, so I wouldn't expect them to have the same kind of transfer speed that you might get from a SanDisk Extreme (or equivalent) SD Card.

In addition, I've read that some cameras don't react well to memory card adapters. While the camera is on, you may not be able to remove the MiniSD Card from the adapter. You may have to remove the adapter from the camera before you remove the card from the adapter.

But good luck with it, and pleaselet us know how it went.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 5:00 PM   #6

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Seems me that is made by Toshiba ...
Yes, the SD-S02G is a Toshiba part number.

See http://www.toshiba.com/taec/Catalog/...mp;lineid=7230
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 5:07 PM   #7

TCav wrote:
Quote:
In general, MiniSD and MicroSD Cards are for cellular phones, so I wouldn't expect them to have the same kind of transfer speed that you might get from a SanDisk Extreme (or equivalent) SD Card.

In addition, I've read that some cameras don't react well to memory card adapters. While the camera is on, you may not be able to remove the MiniSD Card from the adapter. You may have to remove the adapter from the camera before you remove the card from the adapter.

But good luck with it, and pleaselet us know how it went.
Hello,

I don't mean to remove ONLY the Mini SD from the adapter if I want to remove it...complete with the adapter...so this specific issue don't disturb me. As I wrote before...to my surprise this "Combo" memory card works or transfer faster with the supplied USB cord...directly from the camera body to my Picasa software that my previously in use SanDisk Ultra Plus 512mb.

Thanks for assure me that is made by Toshiba!

Peace,