Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:46 PM   #1

I bought a Fujifulm s6000fd to replace my Fujifilm s602. I really like the feature set of the new camera, but one thing bugs me.

It seems very slow when recording the images to the xD picture card, much, much slower than the 602 was to the MicroDrive. Could be the way the camera works (differently than the 602) or it could be the memory. I don't know.

I am using a 2GB Fujifilm type M xd pIcture card.

I noticed that the xD type H is listed as faster, but is it really faster than the Type M when storing images.

I read one review on Amazon that said he thought it is faster when storing images to the card, But another that says that it is not.

I have two (2) 2GB type M cards, and before I purchase a type H I would really like to know if it will make that much difference.

Thanks,

Andy
zzyzx409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2007, 1:37 PM   #2
Administrator

It looks like Steve used a type M card for this model's review here, and clocked around 7 seconds delay after a burst of 3 images in Continuous Mode for the buffer to clear.

I found another reviewer that clocked a 6 second delay after a 3 image burst in Continuous Mode for a type H card (only 1 second faster than Steve clocked with a type M).

So, I doubt you'd see any significant speed increase going to a type H card in that camera (although some of the delay you're seeing is probably JPEG processing time in the camera versus write speed to media, and you may see a little more benefit shooting raw with less time between photos). Steve was clocking 7 seconds between raw files using a type M card.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:14 PM   #3

Thanks, Jim.

good info, I htought this might be the case, but I was just looking for info from someone that knows more than me.

Anyway, saves me about $60-$70 (or more) by not buying a new card.

The only time the speed comes into play is when shoting live action, landscapes don't change much in 7 seconds

Thanks,

Andy
zzyzx409 is offline   Reply With Quote