Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 23, 2007, 1:06 PM   #1

I have ordered 2 Sandisk Ultra II SD cards (2 gb ea.) from Circuit City for $17.99/ea, but when I saw this Dane Electric 4 gb at Buy.com for $19.99, I'm tempted to maybe change my order to 1 Ultra II SD at CC IF the Dane Electric is as fast as the Ultra II. From the Ultra II claims, it's 10mb/9mb sec. speed seems faster than the Dane Electric (said to be class4, so 4 mb/sec. from what I couldfind myself. However, I see this posting at Buy.com saying the Dane 4gb SDHC is as fast as a 150x Class 6 card? If anyone that really knows if this is true or not could tell me, I would appreciate it, as I'm considering getting the SDHC Class 4 Dane Electric if it would be that much faster than the Ultra II SD. Of course, since this may be time-sensitive, the sooner someone could respond, the better.
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:46 PM   #2

Actually the guy on buy.com didn't say it was as fast as his 150X Class 6 card. He only said it worked just as well in his camera.
I have some experiences with cheap brands like Dane-Elec and usually they have a very high read speed (close to 20MB/s) but a very low write speed (2-7MB/s).
Twister336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:55 PM   #3

Ok, so this Dane-Electric card is nothing to write home about. And thanks for catching that distinction on that guy's post (it was the2nd one down), as I must have fixated more on the speed he quoted and I missed what you caught, Twister. Big thanks, so I can rest assured I have a better purchase already lined up for my Canon S3 IS.
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote