Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:53 AM   #1

Fuji offers the xD (to 2g for the S8000) and the 1g xD or the microdrive for the S602 as well as compact flash. I have no problems with the rate of download to the com-pooter, but am concerned with battery life and recovery speed. Cannot seem to find any REAL information or ratings. Fuji CS rep did say that the xD M was as good as the xD H, but could not answer the other parts of the quest, nor could I find out if the adaptors were sold with the cards or if they were an add-on. Any thoughts?
txbbqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:55 AM   #2

txbbqman wrote:
Quote:
Fuji offers the xD (to 2g for the S8000) and the 1g xD or the microdrive for the S602 as well as compact flash. I have no problems with the rate of download to the com-pooter, but am concerned with battery life and recovery speed. Cannot seem to find any REAL information or ratings. Fuji CS rep did say that the xD M was as good as the xD H, but could not answer the other parts of the quest, nor could I find out if the adaptors were sold with the cards or if they were an add-on. Any thoughts?
Of all the things that the camera uses the batteries for, reading and writing to the flash memory card has probably the least impact.

If you want to save your battery, dimmingthe LCD after 5 seconds instead of 60 seconds will probably save enough battery power to write 100 photosto your memory card.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:59 AM   #3

In my Fuji S-9100 camera the compact flash card allows me to take more pictures per set of AA rechargeables than the xD cards do.I am using impact 2900mha and CTA 2500mha batteries now. Alsoin pervious testI did last June the m series and H series cards were about the same as far as battery life just that the H series card shot to shot was slight faster in burst mode (40 shot mode that is). When i got my last xD card for my old Fuji S-5100 the price of the H card was only $2 more than the m series which is whyI got it.

I get all of my cards at newegg.com and all my other gear at bhphotovideo.com. bhphotovideo seems to have the highest memory card prices for some reason but the best serivce and prices on everything else.

I use a 16GB transcend; 4GB PQI 100x; 2GB Sandisc Ultra II CF cards (loaded at this time -- use most of the time unless I go on large photo assignment then the 4GB goes in); I also have a 1GB H sereies Fuji card loaded. The 16gB card was bought to use at wedding i will do in May and other really large photo assignments etc.

I also carry 1GB M series Olympus (x2) and 16MB Olympus xD cards.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:04 AM   #4

I agree with what T-Cav said. I don't use the LCD screen that much unless I need to set up a wierd angle shot or review something in detail. from the start of using Fuji cameras I learned to use the small view finder and it realy saves battery power. Also set your camera to power off after 2minutes or 5 minutes depending on your shooting habits. for me its 5 minutes.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:34 AM   #5

Thank you for the info, all. That gives me what I need.

txbbqman is offline   Reply With Quote