Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:03 PM   #1

Does anyone have any info on the PQI 8GB SDHC class 6 card? It seems to read and write Ok but not as fast as my Transcend 150X cards. I am mainly worried about quality or failure rate. So far it seems fine with no errors.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:46 PM   #2

Never used that card but I have a PQI 100x 4GB CF card that has been a workhorse for me (over 4,500) and for the past 6 months never had a single issue with it at all.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:48 PM   #3

Photo 5 wrote:
Quote:
Never used that card but I have a PQI 100x 4GB CF card that has been a workhorse for me (over 4,500) and for the past 6 months never had a single issue with it at all.

dave
Thanks, not to many people mention PQI when they mention the cards they use.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:42 PM   #4

joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have any info on the PQI 8GB SDHC class 6 card? It seems to read and write Ok but not as fast as my Transcend 150X cards.
Class 6 means that it can write data at a minimum rate of 6MB per second. That works out to about 40X, which would explain why your PQI 8GB SDHC class 6 card is slower than your Transcend 150X cards.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:53 PM   #5

It isn't a bad card for normal shooting, but I bought a 4gb Sandisk Extreme III for my burst shooting.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:20 PM   #6

The only reason I have a PQI card is that when I wanted to get a bacxkup card to my 2GB sandisc Ultra II card it was only $4 more than the 2GB card so I went for it. I have 25GB of memory storage cards now (I did recently get a 16gb card i will use for a wedding in mid March and in late may -- both family related)and the 4GB PQI seems to stay in the camerra most of the time.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:22 PM   #7

Photo 5 wrote:
Quote:
The only reason I have a PQI card is that when I wanted to get a bacxkup card to my 2GB sandisc Ultra II card it was only $4 more than the 2GB card so I went for it. I have 25GB of memory storage cards now (I did recently get a 16gb card i will use for a wedding in mid March and in late may -- both family related)and the 4GB PQI seems to stay in the camerra most of the time.

dave
I think I have enough cards at this time, 2 Transcend 150X 2 gb, 1 Sandisk Extreme 2 1 gb, 1 PQI 8 gb SDHC and 1 Sandisk 4 gb Extreme III SDHC. Most of the time I have the PQI card in the camera, but if I want speed the Extreme III will be used. I just wish the K100D Super had a slightly larger buffer.