Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:21 PM   #1

Hello, I was wondering whats the fastest SD card the Canon A540 can use? Since the card I have I think is slowing the camera down. So I was looking at faster cards like the OCZ 150X 2GB SD card.

Thankyou

djrock
djrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:27 PM   #2

The PowerShot A540 / A530 Manuals Camera User Guide Advanced refers to the mythical SDC-512MSH as the card that can do everything well. Unfortunately, only Canon knows the specs for the SDC-512MSH and they aren't talking.

There are lots of ways that cards are rated. There's the speed rating that refer to an 'X' that is borrowed from CD-ROM drives, where 1X is the speed of a music CD drive (150KBps), and then there's the Classes established by the SD Card Association, where cards are rated by their minimum throughput. None of those will actually answer your question. What it comes down to is this: When will the SD card stop being the slowest link in the chain?

But the question is beside the point. You want the fastest throughput for your camera, so buy the fastest card. If it's faster than your current camera, so what? It may not be faster than your next camera.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:52 PM   #3

Ok Thankyou TCav!
djrock is offline   Reply With Quote