Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:48 AM   #1

I am completly knew to the camera world. I wanted to know how many pictures a 4gig memory card will hold. I was also curious if this is a good price for the memory card. I normally get myself from Amazon. I've never had a problem. But that being said, I am a complete newbie to this industry. Obviously I don't want to be taken. Any insight would help. Thanks

Link to 4GB Sandisk Extreme III CompactFlash card at amazon.com

cameraguyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:52 AM   #2
Administrator

What camera brand and model?

The file sizes the camera produces is going to impact how many photos you can store in a given amount of space. There are also other variables involved (file sizes for jpeg images will be larger or smaller, depending on image content).

Another concern is that not all models are compatible with 4GB or larger cards. Also, very few camera will take advantage of the fastest cards. So, you may be better off getting a less expensive card.

What camera?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:57 AM   #3
Administrator

P.S. - We have a dedicated Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers Forum for questions about memory cards. So, I've moved this thread there for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote