Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:32 AM   #1

For video, I bought a Sandisk 4 gig card that works fine. I wanted to buy another, but prices range from $16 to $84....

Can someone explain the differences -- or point me in the right direction or post a link so I can see what the difference in video quality would be? (I've worn google out looking for an answer...):?

THANKS!!
kbayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:08 AM   #2
Administrator

The card won't change the quality of your videos (unless it's bad and you have file corruption). You will need to make sure you've got one that's fast enough for the camera you're using for video.

The better Sandisk cards have a good reputation (Ultra II, Extreme III, Extreme IV).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 6:14 PM   #3

kbayer wrote:
Quote:
For video, I bought a Sandisk 4 gig card that works fine. I wanted to buy another, but prices range from $16 to $84....

Can someone explain the differences -- or point me in the right direction or post a link so I can see what the difference in video quality would be? (I've worn google out looking for an answer...):?

THANKS!!
Actually, a card that's too slow would affect the video quality you can use, but not the quality itself.

If you use a card that's not fast enough to shoot the frame rate/size you're using, your camera will give you an error, or will cause the video to stutter.

If you get into the habit of doing full format on the camera, but still get an error or you get a video clip that stutters(after having been copied over to hard drive), then the card is likely not fast enough for your camera for the setting you're using.

itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 11:15 AM   #4

Hello. I just bought the Jazz Elite DV 188 and have a SDHC Class 4 card. I noticed that with the stabilization on, I get video "stutter" when shooting HD. But with the stabilization off, I don't get the "stutter." Will a Class 6 SDHC help or am I better not to use the stabilization option?

thnks.
DVRACING is offline   Reply With Quote