Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1

I'm getting a new Canon 570a camera. I will be taking it to Europe and want to get the best sd card I can for it. I'll be taking videos as well as stills, so need high capacity card. Will a faster speed card be good with this camera? Can I use any size high capacity card? I'm willing to get the faster card, but only if my camera can deal with it.
bluebird52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:58 PM   #2

I don't know off hand what speed card is best for the camera since I don't know the camera, but if I was you I'd get at least 2 cards in case one suddenly devolpes a problem and since you plan to take video I'd suggest 8GB of memory as a starting point (maybe 2x 4GB or a 6GB and a 2GB). I took a trip to Baltimore last summer and 8GB was enough for a week for me taking 5MP stills and a total of 4 videos that totalled 11 minutes).

Also check with newegg.com when ou ready to get your cards because they have some of the best prices in memory cards and they have a very good following for memory cards. I have gotten qalmost all of my cards from then since June 2005. Also make sure you give yourself enough time to get them delivered and a few days to test them to make sure they format properly in your camera.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:55 AM   #3

My camera is a Canon A570 IS model.

Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:00 PM   #4

Sorry I might I do not know thew speecks of the camera not thatI didn't know the model name.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:07 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I was going to get 1 large card, but Photo 5s advice seemed sound, so I got smaller cards. Actually, I stumbled across a TERRIFIC deal on Sandisk Extreme III cards at http://www.adorama.com/. I ended up getting three 4gb Extreme III cards for $150 before rebate. The rebate amount is $110 on 3, so my total net will be $40 for 3 cards, about what I'd expected to pay for ONE 4gb card! And I know that I'll definitely have enough memory for everything I want to do in Germany. :-) Btw, I received my camera and cards on the same day. I LOVE the Canon 570!