Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:16 PM   #1

What is the highest capacity memory card that the Canon A590 IS will take? i just bought the camera and I'm not sure if something as big as an 8Gb (or even a 4Gb) SDHC card would work with it. Also, would Sandisk's Ultra and Extreme cards work with my camera? Are they even any good? Please suggest a brand name as well as how many Gb it should be, I'm at a loss! Thanks!
Nadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:29 PM   #2

From the Canon Website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...pportDetailAct
GEBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:43 PM   #3

My brother has the same camera for work and has a 4GB transcend SDHC class 4 card for it. He only takes single shots with it no burst mode. He said he really only need a 2GB but for a few extra bucks he got the 4GB just to be on the safe side.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:02 PM   #4

Nadja wrote:
Quote:
What is the highest capacity memory card that the Canon A590 IS will take? i just bought the camera and I'm not sure if something as big as an 8Gb (or even a 4Gb) SDHC card would work with it. Also, would Sandisk's Ultra and Extreme cards work with my camera? Are they even any good? Please suggest a brand name as well as how many Gb it should be, I'm at a loss! Thanks!
Anything the SDHC format allows, so it will take up to what is currently available 32GB. Though that is complete overkill however.
coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote