Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 20, 2003, 4:28 PM   #1

Default xd cards, adapters and printer question

Just bought a Fuji 3800. 1st dig. cam. I have a HP 2210 that supports all picture cards but xd. I want to see if I have this right. I can buy a xd card adapter and I do believe I need a smart media size. Right?? My thinking is this would be easier to go through my printer than buy a reader. Do I have this correct?? Correct me if I am all wrong here. Pretty green when it comes to all this. One thing I need to see is if the printer will accept the larger size (MB) picture cards. Any other suggestions appreciated!! Do you all think investing in the batteries MAHA that I had seen on this forum also is a good idea??
maddaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2003, 7:49 PM   #2

fuji/olympus make an adapter card in the form factor of a cf card. you slip the xD card right inside and it become a CF card. the cost is about $50+ they work real good.

oly mod #MA-CF10
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:37 AM   #3

I purchased one the adapter cards for XD memory. I have the Hiti 630ps printer and it only accepts the CF and SM cards. I bought mine at www.newegg.com for less than $50.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:53 AM   #4

obviously get the olympus one. they are identical products. these also allow your xD card to be used in any device that accepts a CF card the defacto standard for the upper end cameras in case you upgrade. there is the same type adapter for SD cards also.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote