Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 20, 2009, 3:45 AM   #11

I took a short video shot with the Panny TZ7 just pointing straight at the floor and not moving at all so there would be no change in focus .... still regular "clicks/beeps" type noise.
LizG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 8:00 AM   #12
Administrator

That's very odd. Is lighting relatively constant with something like standard tungsten (incandescent) bulbs, versus fluorescent lighting that may be cycling causing the aperture to vary?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if the memory card had anything to do with it. But, I guess anything is possible. Have you tried a different card in the same conditions? How about a different battery?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 9:28 AM   #13

Standard incandescent bulbs - we don't have any fluorescent in the house.

I'll have to get a different card to try, but the battery is new as I have only had the TZ7 for a week. On another forum they say their cards OK and only those with Extreme III are reporting this issue.

Think I will send back the second one I had ordered that arrived today - one advantage of buying over the 'net is the distance selling timescales for returns.

Any recommendations for an alternative - Kingston or Transcend for instance.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:06 PM   #14
Administrator

You can find some pretty good deals on the Class 6 Transcend SDHC cards now. Some of them even include card readers for only a few bucks more than the cards without one. Here are some examples from newegg.com:

Transcend 4GB Class 6 SDHC card with card reader for $12.99

Transcend 8GB Class 6 SDHC card with card reader for $21.75

Transcend 16GB Class 6 SDHC card with card reader for $43.25

Transcend 32GB Class 6 SDHC card with card reader for $111.00

P.S.

If you look at the photos of the packaging, you'll see a small blue circle with text indicating that these cards have a lifetime warranty, too.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 1:37 PM   #15

Thanks Jim
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizG View Post
I took a short video shot with the Panny TZ7 just pointing straight at the floor and not moving at all so there would be no change in focus .... still regular "clicks/beeps" type noise.
Same problem ..

Just got a TZ7 last week and went to a Beyonce gig with it and love it.

Then just messing about trying the different recording modes I noticed the "life support beeping" (as someone perfectly named it on another forum)
It's so annoying and I nearly sent it back but then found this forum and so see there's not much point in that.
Mine is every three seconds on SVCHD and every second or so in HD.

I have Firmware Version 1.0 and am using an Integral 16GB Class 6 Ultima Pro card. Cost a fortune too
Don't know about everyone else's camera but mine eats through the battery usage. I get about 30 minutes on SVCHD video shooting with lots of zooming and auto-focusing etc.
I'm surprised that more people are not talking about this issue. Maybe only 10% of buyers of this camera get it for video and only 20% of those would ever video something of a low level sound.
I wouldn't have noticed it myself if I had of just stuck to recording concerts for instance.
So what 16GB or 32GB card would you reccomend as getting if your camera has this problem?
decbohan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 3:38 PM   #17

I have just purchased the TZ7, waiting for it to arrive.
I have several of the Sandisk extreme class 6 for DSLR which work perfectly.
I was hoping to use one of these for my TZ7, however now I have found all these reports of beeping during video and am scouting round for a decent alternative.
My question is has this problem been solved?
If not which card can be recommended - lots of folk on here seem to think the Transcend is good - but one look on Amazon Uk tells me this is definitely not the case with many people reporting errors and data lose - this to me indicates that it is not 100% reliable and this is not acceptable - don't reply to me that yours is OK, many are not - I need 100% guarantee, no question and am willing to pay more for it.
Sandisk is 100% in my book and proven from many reviews and no data loss reports that i can find, but since it doesnt work in the TZ7 which is the next best???
I have been looking at the Lexar class 6 - anyone else tried this in the TZ7? Or the Kingston although I am reading that this is only as fast as a class 4 and so the video is jumpy.
Im happy to spend on the right card - I just dont want to waste cash on the wrong card!!
NickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 3:55 PM   #18

WHYYYYYYY do you make photos if you cann't buy a card for $ 10 ?

Buy a Transcend 4GB class6, go out and be happy!

... and do not believe all what people write about data loss, end of world, UFOs a.s.o.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote