Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 18, 2009, 7:47 PM   #1

Default Camera doesn't recognize 32GB SD card

I bought an Aiptek A-HD camcorder on eBay. It seems to work fine and recognizes the included 2GB SD HC card. I also bought a 32GB SD HC card on eBay. I've verified the card's capacity via Windows and an external reader, and can write to/read from it, again from Windows. When I put the card in the camera, however, the camera doesn't see it, even though it's supposed to recognize SD HC cards up to 32GB. What might be causing this problem? Thanks.
Involute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Administrator

How is it formatted? If you did something like format as NTFS, the camera probably won't recognize it. You'll need to format as FAT32 using the drop down list for file system types you'll see if you format it using Windows.

If that doesn't work, try reformatting it using this utility from Panasonic. You'll see a download link at the bottom of the page:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 1:54 PM   #3

It's FAT32. I tried reformatting it with the Panasonic program you pointed to (thanks), both quick and low-level, but still no dice. I called Aiptek tech. support and they said the card (a Sandisk Ultra II) was too fast. I've heard of memory being too slow, but too fast? Oh, well. Off to find a "slow" card.

Last edited by Involute; May 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM.
Involute is offline   Reply With Quote