Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:21 AM   #1

Default Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card Problem

Hi Everyone,

Need a bit of help with this card I bought. When I insert this in the camcorder it keeps on saying to 'Check the Card'.

When I insert it in my PC, it shows up on 'My Computer', but when i double click it, it says 'Please insert card in Drive'

When I try to get into the properties of the card, it takes ages to get into the properties. When it does get into it it shows the card is empty with no spaces in it. On one of the functions in the properties, I populated the card and after a lenghty period of time it brings out the information that it has 31.9GB. At this point i was able to get into the drive of the card and put files in it without a problem. Immidiately I put the card in my camcorder, but the same problem 'Check Card', I then put it back into my PC and the same problem it wont go into the drive. When I go to the properties all the information is gone and shows nil size, all this time it shows the card is working properly.

Any ideas anyone

Thanks
ikkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2

Did you buy it on Ebay ? If so its a hacked card.
dancingpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 4:45 PM   #3

Yes I did buy it from Ebay.

Is there anything I could do to make it work
ikkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:46 PM   #4

No.
Unless u want to take the time and trouble to unhack it to the real size... probably 2 gigs ... but I would not try it as the card itself is probably a "second". Steves website should make a "sticky" telling people about this problem.

NEVER buy memory cards on Ebay ! Warning !!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!! Almost all of the memory cards sold on Ebay are "hacked" cards which have been digitally altered to read false sizes but you wont find out until you try to read the images back from the non existent sectors.

For example ... they take a 2 gig card (very low cost to them) and digitally alter it to read 32 gigs on your computer (high cost to you) ... your PC will read 32 gigs and u can "upload" 32 gigs of information to the card ... but it is not really being written at all !!!!!!!!! ... and when u try to read any data over the real 2 gigs you will get an error in the data transfer.... ... everything over the 2 gigs is lost !!!!!

Read about this huge scam here: http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/

And you can use a free program called H2testw 1.4 to verify any flash cards or devices u may have !

Last edited by dancingpotato; Oct 13, 2009 at 5:49 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:59 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpotato View Post
No.
Unless u want to take the time and trouble to unhack it to the real size... probably 2 gigs ... but I would not try it as the card itself is probably a "second". Steves website should make a "sticky" telling people about this problem.

NEVER buy memory cards on Ebay ! Warning !!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!! Almost all of the memory cards sold on Ebay are "hacked" cards which have been digitally altered to read false sizes but you wont find out until you try to read the images back from the non existent sectors.

For example ... they take a 2 gig card (very low cost to them) and digitally alter it to read 32 gigs on your computer (high cost to you) ... your PC will read 32 gigs and u can "upload" 32 gigs of information to the card ... but it is not really being written at all !!!!!!!!! ... and when u try to read any data over the real 2 gigs you will get an error in the data transfer.... ... everything over the 2 gigs is lost !!!!!

Read about this huge scam here: http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/

And you can use a free program called H2testw 1.4 to verify any flash cards or devices u may have !
I was very oblivious to this and i have to thank you coz i was running out of options on where to get a good cheap memo card. thanks for helping merule out ebay from my list. I guess am only left with Amazon.

Cheers.[IMG]http://www.******************/storage/723.jpg[/IMG]
mexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:32 AM   #6

try newegg.com which is where I have gotten all my memory cards since 2006 (a few both then as well). They usually have the best prices.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:38 AM   #7
Administrator

ikkyz

Try formatting the card with your camera's menu choice for format if you can get to it.

If not, try formatting it with a card reader under Windows (right click on the card under "My Computer", and select the Format option. Make sure to select FAT32 from the drop down list of file system types. Then, make sue to right click on the card icon under My computer and select "Eject" before removing it from the card reader to help prevent any corruption from data still in cache. Note that your card reader will need to be SDHC compatible (conforming to the SD 2.0 specification). Many card readers don't support newer SDHC cards.

If that still doesn't fix it (formatting it as FAT32 using a card reader), try this utility (and it will work with non Panasonic SDHC cards). You'll see a Download link at the bottom of the page:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexia View Post
I was very oblivious to this and i have to thank you coz i was running out of options on where to get a good cheap memo card. thanks for helping merule out ebay from my list. I guess am only left with Amazon.

Cheers.[IMG]http://www.******************/storage/723.jpg[/IMG]
Try memoryhouse for very decent prices:

http://www.memoryhouse.com/