Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:29 PM   #1

Default nikon d70 card reader

Hi. My son has a Nikon D70 and I'd like to get him a card reader. Recommendations would be great! I checked ebay and there are several ScanDisc readers and one item that identifies itself as a Nikon D70 card reader. Thank you!
miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:22 PM   #2

They are all pretty much the same. They have ones that just read sdhc card and ones that read 57 different types of card. If your son has a Mac and not a PC, you need to make sure it is mac compatible.

I use this reader, as it reads multiple types of cards I have CF and SDHC. It is pretty inexpensive but not on ebay. http://www.jr.com/zeikos/pe/ZEK_ZECR201/

I got this one from ebay to read just sdhc for 99 cent, when I am away using the free computers at the hotels. But most of them ship from hong kong, and will not arrive till after xmas, normall ship time is 14 days.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2198wt_1167

Last edited by shoturtle; Dec 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:13 PM   #3

The Nikon D70 uses CF cards. SanDisk makes two card readers that can handle different types of cards, and they are some fo the fastest card readers made. They are the SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 2.0 Reader and the SanDisk ImageMate Multi-Card USB 2.0 Reader.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:33 PM   #4

Thank you both for the info. I was able to find all of the readers mentioned on ebay. I went with the Zeikos because it was lower priced and had free shipping. I guess if my son wants something faster he will have to get it on his own Again thanks for the very understandable recommendations!

miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:12 PM   #5

Glad to help.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote