Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:34 PM   #1

Default Panasonic SDHC memory cards

Panasonic has some class 10 SDHC memory cards out there and I have been curious to know if anyone has had any experience or read anything about how well they hold up? I have looked around for a while and have only turned up many pages about their release but nothing about their reliability or performance.

When I talked to the woman selling memory cards she had mentioned that the Sandisk were better quality in that it would hold up better in weather extremes of hot or cold. I had asked if the Panasonic cards would work fine for around the city to learn with and she had agreed. There's just a nice last Boxing Week deal for them of a 2 4GB pack for $50, while 1 4GB card is usually $55 with them.

Some info on them had been this:

• Up to 22MB/sec transfer rate
• Class 10 speed specification: guaranteed minimum sustained 10MB/sec transfer rate
• SDHC specification (compatible with SD card version 3.0)
• Content/media protection (write protection switch)
• Ideal for large volume data recording and transmission in high definition applications

Last edited by Amoux; Jan 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM.
Amoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:27 AM   #2

Newegg.com has Transcend Class 10 4GB cards for $12(US). In that light, 2 for $50 doesn't sound very good.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:31 AM   #3

Transcend cards on general are very good just ask Jim C if you have any questions. My backup cards are both Transcends.... I am shooting with San Disc Extreme IIIs

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:51 AM   #4

I'm using the Extreme III 8 GB card in my G10 and XSi. I've noticed a write speed increase in both cameras, but more of an increase in the XS1i.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoux View Post
Panasonic has some class 10 SDHC memory cards out there and I have been curious to know if anyone has had any experience or read anything about how well they hold up? I have looked around for a while and have only turned up many pages about their release but nothing about their reliability or performance.

When I talked to the woman selling memory cards she had mentioned that the Sandisk were better quality in that it would hold up better in weather extremes of hot or cold. I had asked if the Panasonic cards would work fine for around the city to learn with and she had agreed. There's just a nice last Boxing Week deal for them of a 2 4GB pack for $50, while 1 4GB card is usually $55 with them.

Some info on them had been this:

• Up to 22MB/sec transfer rate
• Class 10 speed specification: guaranteed minimum sustained 10MB/sec transfer rate
• SDHC specification (compatible with SD card version 3.0)
• Content/media protection (write protection switch)
• Ideal for large volume data recording and transmission in high definition applications
Panasonic are very good cards, I have used the class 6 cards. Never had a problem. They were the first ones to come out with the class 10 card. They are a high end card like sandisk. So they tend to be a bit pricer. The class 6 card I use is made in Japan, which surprise me.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:09 AM   #6

I'm not able to buy online just now so I had to make do with what I could find locally. I will remember the Transcend cards for next time though, thank you! The sandisks extremes were what I was looking at initially but they were still quite pricey here and the panasonic cards looked like a good alternative.
Amoux is offline   Reply With Quote