Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 10, 2010, 4:00 PM   #1

Default What Card needs to be used for the KODAK Z981

Am I able to use a regular NON-high speed secure digital memory card in this camera without any problems? Or do I need to switch over to a HIGH SPEED type? Thanks, JJ
jojar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2010, 4:44 PM   #2

You will want a class 6 SDHC card, as it can take HD video. A slow card will cause it to stop filming if the buffer is overloaded because a slow card will not be fast enough for the buffer to empty the data too. But if you are not shooting HD, you will be find with a slower card for single shot photos.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:13 PM   #3

Thanks so much. That's all I basically do is take pictures. I'm going to Alaska and wanted a better range of zoom compared to my Minolta 10X I currently own. Have a great day! JJ
jojar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 5:16 PM   #4

You are welcome, just get a good brand. Avoid the no names. Stick with transcend, delkin, lexar, sandisk, panasonic and kingston. Avoid Adata.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:08 PM   #5

Make sure you take enough memory card space with you when you travel to Alaska or a way to off load the memory card(s) such as memory card/hard disc device (wolverine flashpack etc) or a laptop-memory card reader........ I've found a lot of people rush out get a new camera, a memory card and get on the once in a lifetime vacation and run out of card space........ A class 6 card will do you well

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote