Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 29, 2010, 7:49 AM   #1
BDD

Default Nikon D300 & CF card capacity compatibility

Does any one know if the D300 can now use 64GB CF cards? Or is the max capacity still 32GB? And does that include any and all 32GB cards?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/cam...?cid=6007-9254
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...=7-10043-10255

Last edited by BDD; May 29, 2010 at 7:51 AM.
BDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2010, 8:12 AM   #2
Administrator

AFAIK, the D300 is still limited to 32GB cards (although Nikon did release new firmware to allow the D300s to work with 64GB Cards, the D300 is still not compatible with them).

As for a given card brand, I suspect you'd be OK with most of the popular brands. But, it would probably be a good idea to dig around and find other D300 users that have tried a given card model to make sure they didn't have any issues with it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 12:23 PM   #3
BDD

Right. So far I've been using Kingston, Lexar UDMA and SanDisk. 4GB to 16GB capacities. No issues at all so far. Guess I'll just buy a few 32GB cards later. 64GB cards begin to get costly. Never mind I don't think they're compatible with the D300. As mentioned in that article I posted.
Old May 29, 2010, 1:40 PM   #4
Administrator

I usually buy Transcend cards anymore. They seem to have pretty good bang for the buck.

Right this minute, their 400x cards seem to have a pretty good price/peformance ratio. I see you're in Canada, and newegg sells there (that's where I usually buy my memory cards). So, you may want to check out theiir prices as compared to others vendors in your area. Here's a search for Transcend 400x there (the 32GB cards are running $125 Canadian with free shipping right now):

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...d+400x&x=0&y=0

They're not as fast as the Transcend, Lexar or Sandisk 600x cards. But, they're not as expensive either. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 3:25 PM   #5
BDD

Thanks for the URL. I knew Newegg had a Canadian website (open not too long ago). Never considered the Transcend name or ordering CF cards from them. But for $125.xx for a 32GB card...