Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:16 PM   #1

Default SanDisk 256SD... corrupt images often from Pentax555?

I have a Pentax 555 which has had no problems.

I purchased a SanDish256mb SDCard but have had a few corrupt images come off it. I have a SanDisk card reader (ImageMate SD/MMC SDDR-93) which I use to transfer to my computer.

Out of about 100 pictures I tend to get 3 or so corrupt images that usually are solid bright green from the middle down.

I'm wondering if this is the camera, memory or reader problem.

I know I should just logically figure it out trying all possible combinations using my USB1.1 cable direct from camera also but was hoping someone previous found the solution.

Thanx.
Raycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2003, 6:45 PM   #2

I'm having the exact same problem. I bought the Sandisk 256 MB SD card at Staples and got the Sandisk card reader (FAR). I get the green bars, or shifted portions of the screen, or several other manifestations of the problem every time I use them together. There is no problem when transfering the images directly from the camera (Optio 555) using the included USB cable. I returned the card and tried a second one--same problem. I returned the reader and tried a second one--same problem. I have tried using three different computers--same problem. The images are not corrupted and are always perfect when using the camera to transfer. I wonder if the problem is related to the much faster transfer speed of the reader, or if the problem is that Sandisk just sucks, like I've read so often on other forums.
dlwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:35 PM   #3

Yes, I came to the same conclussion that the card reader is at fault with possible speed problems etc.

Atleast my reader was free and the original pics aren't corroupt so not all is lost.

Perhaps another brand of sd reader would work 100%?

I think my motherboard has a reader option built in .. not sure what the cost would be for the hardware side.

A reader that mounts in the 5 1/4 bay would be nice.
Raycaster is offline   Reply With Quote