Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:14 AM   #1

Default Transcend 8GB SDHC class6

I found the opportunity to buy a Transcend 8GB SDHC class6 with USB card reader (model TS8GSDHC6-P2) for 40 dollars (a good price in Argentina).

I will use it in my Canon G11, which requires at least a Class 4 card...

What is your opinion about Transcend?

Should I go for it?

Regards,
eugeniogurrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeniogurrea View Post
I found the opportunity to buy a Transcend 8GB SDHC class6 with USB card reader (model TS8GSDHC6-P2) for 40 dollars (a good price in Argentina).
Transcend make good cards these days. Go for it. The price seems a bit high, but maybe
you have high import taxes/duty in Argentina.

Last edited by corkpix; Jul 1, 2010 at 6:16 AM.
corkpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:42 AM   #3

I use transcend 16gb class 10 an have been very happy for 46 dollars. But it seems a bit high for the 8gb class 6, is is a 25 dollar card up here. But if it is a good price in Argentina, I would get it.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:28 AM   #4

My Class 10 Transcend 8GB was $18 and that's about what it was worth. It was whooped in my file transfer tests by 3 other cards, including a Transcend Class 6, a Sandisk Extreme III Class 6 and a Panasonic Class 10. This was repeated by another dozen users or more who jumped on the same deal. The Class 6 cards were quite good but the latest Class 10 only attain the Class 10 speed sporadically and perform below the Class 6 cards so I would hesitate to recommend those to anyone.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:42 AM   #5
Administrator

That's very odd, unless it's defective, counterfeit, a slower card that was mislabeled, or doesn't want to "play nice" with your card reader (since that's not what others have been seeing with their benchmarks) . See some one of our forum members did here (comparing Transcend Class 6 and Class 10 8GB SDHC Cards):

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...ml#post1053780

Or, see the benchmarks here (a site that's tested some of the popular SDHC cards in multiple readers):

http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/sp...cards-sdc.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote