Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:16 PM   #1

Default SanDisk ImageMate CF and Delkin Devices Efilm Pro

Has anyone successfully read a Delkin Devices Eflim Pro CF card with a SanDisk Reader? The card works fine in my printer reader, but the SanDisk Reader balks when I try to read from it. I thought I had a faulty reader and returned it for a new one, but the same thing occurs. Unfortunately I don't have another card to try in the SanDisk at the moment.

The computer (XP PRO) identifies the reader, assigns it a drive letter, and says to install a disk when I attempt to read it when empty. When I install the CF card, it goes a bit bananas and disappears from the file directory. Most strange. As stated earlier, the same card works flawlessly in the printer slot (HP).
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:17 AM   #2
Administrator

I have no problems reading a Delkin Pro 640MB CF card in a SanDisk 8-in-1 USB2 reader.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Administrator

Microsoft had some USB problems using some devices with Windows XP that were solved with the Service Packs.

You may want to download and install SP1a.

Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/default.asp
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:20 AM   #4

Thanks Steve. I'm planning on buying another CF card in the near future. Perhaps then I'll know if it's a faulty reader (hard to believe that I got two faulty ones, but stranger things have happened).
Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:26 AM   #5

some of the older sandisk readers have had issue with some card controllers. so much for a universal product. most others work fine. and so do the newer sandisks.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:43 AM   #6

Follow up to the problem. I contacted Sandisk via email and discussed the problem. They came back and asked for some information from me. After I told them, they responded with "sounds like a conflict between the card and the reader" End of story!

Guess what company I am NOT going to look at when I buy additional memory cards! (Hint: it's not Delkin that I'm unhappy with)
Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:52 AM   #7

I have just had issues with 2 dual slot card readers (SM+CF) not reading Sandisk CF cards. The card readers were both Sandisk model SDDR-75. I thought it odd that a Sandisk reader would not read a Sandisk CF card. I contacted Sandisk support and they are exchanging them for 2 6in1 readers at no cost to me. Sandisk is well aware of the issue with the SDDR-75 dual slot card reader that they created for themselves! Incidently the SDDR-75 readers read/wrote Lexar and Dane Elec CF cards perfectly!

If the Sandisk readers that you have are in fact model SDDR-75 readers, I would suggest that you contact Sandisk and firmly inquire as to why their readers are not compatibloe with their own cards?

For your info,
Snow.
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote