Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:06 PM   #1

Default memory card dilemma

Hi there.....forgot that I had been here before. Luckily I keep a book of all my online info
Ok here goes...I have a Cannon PowerShot A560. I am going to visit relatives away and was thinking I should get bigger memory card. One in camera says MMC 16M. I have been reading that others are just as good as Cannon for my needs(believe me I would like to point it and say camera do your stuff lol) Unfortunately I have to know a little about it eh?
Here are the questions....is the Multi-media one better than others and what size would be good to replace? I was also thinking of an online photo sharing but thought perhaps just get bigger card. I am not planning on taking hundred's so would a 1 GB ok? Do the MM's go larger and what is difference both in price and quality.
Can you give me some answers? Not a whole lot to spend on this either. Thanks for any info you can give me
susy-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:27 PM   #2

The spec says it will take SD or SDHC. You're shooting jpeg, so 1 GB will be a lot of pictures. Let's estimate 200 to 250 depending on your jpeg save settings. So get a 1 GB if you can find them. or a 2 GB. I'm more careful than some and like to be sure it will work before I buy. Try borrowing a 4GB first before you actually buy one. I know you're going to ask for a suggested brand: anything. Transcend gets high mention here. Stay away from adata and other little known brands. Get a class 6 or 10 (won't matter).
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:56 PM   #3

Default memory card dilemma

wow quick answer thank you soo much very appreciated will copy it out and go looking.
susy-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:38 PM   #4

I am using an a-data card now with no issues....... I'd try a 4GB before you buy one, a 2GB is a safe bet for sure

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote