Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 28, 2003, 9:21 PM   #1

Default problem with Smart Media cards

Hi,
I have been reading these forums to try to recover 1 32Mb and 2 64Mb smartmedia cards that I cannot seem to get to work in my camera (2100 UZI) and my card reader will not allow me to format.
I was using a Lin x cel reader and I went out and got a Dazzle reader to try to get the card to work in my camera. I think the Lin x cel reader may have ruined the cards. If I put the card in the Lin X cel reader it shows up and works fine.
I tried to get it to format in the Dazzle reader but them will not even recognise them. I used the alcohol with no luck I tried using SMPREP.EXE but it says a file is missing or something. No Luck there.
I really hate to throw these cards out.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim
Tjboatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2003, 4:59 PM   #2
lg

Run the utility CD that came with the Dazzle card reader. If it doesn't autoinstall, look on the CD for a subdirectory that looks like it has something to do with SmartMedia. Therein lies the solution to your problem...<lg>
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 9:13 AM   #3

I have searched the cd for anything that looks like it might be for Smartmedia but didn't see any.
The other problem is the reader will not see the cards .
Any help on that ??
Tim
Tjboatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 6:56 PM   #4

Have you tried pumping the cards in and out of the card slot in the camera with the camera powered on? This has corrected all of my card problems in the past. You can also gentle wipe the contacts with a lens clothe to make sure it is clean.
chemong is offline   Reply With Quote