Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:25 PM   #1

Default dane elec 32 G 200X SDHC Class 10

I just bought a fujifilm HS20EXR camera and I am thinking about buying this memory card, it is about a hundred bucks, will it make a difference when shooting in maximum burst mode? ( 11 fps, 32 frames)
jeffmilarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:37 PM   #2

If it was me and I use the HS20 I would get this memory card for the camera if I wanted a 32GB card. I am more than happy with my 16GB transcend card and have another 16GB card as a backup. So far I have not shot anything thatI need a second 16GB card for or more than 13GB to be totally honest and I did shot an all day wedding event. Several of us members including Jim C use transcend cards and have not had any issues with them. I have shot close to 12,500 images on my 16GB transcend card to date and had a compact flash card that I shot close to 28,000 images on without a single issue.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...SDHC_Card.html'

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3

So what is the biggest difference between memory cards when it comes to shooting in burst mode to capture motion with minimal blurr and noise, if any.
jeffmilarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:11 PM   #4

the higher the class number i.e. 2, 4, 6 and 10 (10 being the highest) the faster you can read and write to a card. To get minimal motion blur that has to do with the shutter speed and burst modes in the camera not the memory card. The speed of the memory card only effects how fast shot to shot you shoot (i.e. how fast the buffer has free space).....

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote