Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:05 PM   #1

Default Camera cannot find images

My nephew used his card reader to transfer jpeg files from his SD card to his computer. He wanted to put them back on his SD card, but when he did so his FZ10 said something to the effect of "no image available" when he hit the "review" button. I put the card in my card reader, and found the images in Paint Shop Pro on my computer. I uploaded them to my computer then formatted his card. I then "sent" the files back to the card. We put it in his FZ10 and got the "no image" message. We put it in my FZ10 and got the same message. The files are there. Why are they not showing up in the cameras?

Last edited by lucky2505; Dec 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:37 AM   #2

Once you transfer an image to a computer, when you transfer it back, the camera won't recognize it as one it created and will refuse to display it. That's common to all cameras, and there's no way around it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:20 PM   #3

There is one thing to check look at the cards file structure I know canon put them in folders so make sure you get the right folder to put them back in again. but if you have changed the file format then it may not work
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:27 PM   #4

At the very least, you should always format a card in the camera before you use it, but that won't change the issue of it not displaying images that came from a computer (or other device) even if the images originally came from that camera.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Once you transfer an image to a computer, when you transfer it back, the camera won't recognize it as one it created and will refuse to display it. That's common to all cameras, and there's no way around it.
Wow! I hate to admit I've been around digital cameras for many years and never learned that. Thanks.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:21 AM   #6

The computer, and camera are two seperate file formats. Never format a camera card from the computer, sometimes the damage cannot be undone. If you want to transfer photos from the computer, to another form of drive; use a USB flash drive.
"A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words".
Steve40 is offline   Reply With Quote