Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:00 PM   #1
mrb

Default SD Memory Card Error

I have a SanDisk 2GB SD card that was full. It had several folders of pics and videos on it, mostly from our Canon S2-IS (folder names "101Canon", "102Canon", etc). I copied several of the folders through the card reader on my HP PSC2355 printer, and then an error popped up and it would not copy any more files. Now, the printer and the camera say "Memory Card Error". What can I do to see if there is anything left on the card to recover?
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:14 PM   #2
Administrator

Have you got a regular USB attached reader versus the one built into the printer?

I don't know about that printer model. But, with some of the older HP printers with built in card readers, the OS really didn't have direct access to the cards, even though they'd show up under My Computer (as the printer was acting as a layer in between the Operating System and the Card).

I'd see if Photorec works with it. See this sticky thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...ory-cards.html

If not, I'd see if it works with a regular card reader (either one built into a PC or Laptop, or a USB Attached Reader).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:23 AM   #3
mrb

Thank you. I am not familiar with Photorec but I saw it mentioned in other threads. I will check out the link that you posted. I do not have a USB card reader at home, but we have one at work that I could use.
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4

I had a 16 GB SD card in my camera and suddenly it developed the same Memory Card Error. It stopped working and I couldn’t access all my data in it. After fruitless attempts to get a place where I could retrieve my data, I called on Recoverfab http://recoverfab.com/ after a I thought I had lost two years worth of pictures, videos and family memories on my memory cards. It looked like my camera was creating ‘bugs’ that kept destroying every SD card I bought and used. No software kit could help me either as I had tried them all. It seemed the externals of the card had been damaged thus preventing any memory card reader to be able to recognize it. I had tried over 5 different data recovery companies without any success and thought it was a hopeless situation. I scoured furiously to find an company that could do the job. I had given up after consulting several with little or no success claim to help recover your data. I was in agony! I was getting ready to send it off to data recovery experts.
I gave Recoverfab my cards as they also insisted they could provide a solution access the whole drive contents and retrieved 100% of the pictures and videos. Within a week my files were recovered allowing me to copy them off to another location. It was able to recover the data even though I had not found It recovered all of my data. Wow! Recoverfab is an excellent team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb View Post
I have a SanDisk 2GB SD card that was full. It had several folders of pics and videos on it, mostly from our Canon S2-IS (folder names "101Canon", "102Canon", etc). I copied several of the folders through the card reader on my HP PSC2355 printer, and then an error popped up and it would not copy any more files. Now, the printer and the camera say "Memory Card Error". What can I do to see if there is anything left on the card to recover?
shaky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 7:00 AM   #5
Banned

Attached it to sd memory card with computer system and try it to run on recovery software. If it possible to recover the data and get success than save its data in computer system. After format to sd memory card which erase all errors of memory card and fully refresh it.
douglaswalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM   #6

You may try to fix the sd card error, try this tutorial that helped me last time: http://goo.gl/jDP4iL

Last edited by mike.miller767; Nov 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM.
mike.miller767 is offline   Reply With Quote