Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:19 AM   #31

i see someone picked it up for $51 dollars.. not too bad if you have a spare mircodrive layin around :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:50 PM   #32
NHL

Default Recycling your old 340MB Microdrive?

Man... oh Man...

They are starting a whole industry, even recycling the older 340MB Microdrive! 8) 8) 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15058
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 3:21 PM   #33

Default 4GB works with Powershot G5 ... how about S1 IS?

Released in the first week of this month (at least Canon's press release was 2/7/04), I have found little to no information regarding the Powershot S1 IS, aside from what is published on www.powershot.com. I can't even find this camera on www.shopper.com.

At anyrate, unless someone definitively knows, what do you think the chances are that since the G5 will handle the 4GB Microdrive it follows that the S1 IS will also?

S1 IS info: http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/s1is/index.html
G5 info: http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/g5/index.html

Honestly, above other new goodies for the S1, I'm interested because I can use standard AA batteries w/ it... which I cannot do for the G5. I'm buying this so I have a convenient camera to use for romping around Italy this summer. If I can get away with not having to download images all the time or not have to be choosey about which shots to take, as well as be able to replenish my batteries without having to carry around a recharger, the S1 IS seems to be the unit for me. Of course, I'm taking other suggestions that are also 4BG/FAT32 compatible

thanx,
jason
mmboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 3:32 PM   #34
NHL

Default Re: 4GB works with Powershot G5 ... how about S1 IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmboost
... Honestly, above other new goodies for the S1, I'm interested because I can use standard AA batteries w/ it... which I cannot do for the G5.
Are you kidding? Standard AAs and microdrives don't mix especially if you have another IS motor on top of it... you'll need at least NiMh! ops:
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:51 PM   #35
Administrator

I'll let you know shortly ... our 1S IS arrives tomorrow so look for our review of it in about a week and a half. We'll also be working on the Canon Pro1, S410 and S500 cameras too.

2/28/04 update - the 4GB microdrive works fine in S1 IS and Pro1 cameras with no problems whatsoever. First Look reports of both cameras posted today - see Breaking News page links.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 6:22 AM   #36
NHL

FYI

It must be getting quite popupar-> the link for downloading the MuVo2 firmware stop working...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Following the instructions found on DP Review's forum I removed the 4GB microdrive and replaced it with my old 1GB IBM microdrive.
"File not found."

Try this one instead: http://asia.creative.com/support/drivers/
Old Feb 26, 2004, 2:11 PM   #37

Default Re: 4GB works with Powershot G5 ... how about S1 IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmboost
... Honestly, above other new goodies for the S1, I'm interested because I can use standard AA batteries w/ it... which I cannot do for the G5.
Are you kidding? Standard AAs and microdrives don't mix especially if you have another IS motor on top of it... you'll need at least NiMh! ops:
Um, "standard AAs" as opposed to a custom Li-Ion battery. I have tons of NiMh AAs ... don't worrd

jason
Old Feb 26, 2004, 2:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
I'll let you know shortly ... our 1S IS arrives tomorrow so look for our review of it in about a week and a half. We'll also be working on the Canon Pro1, S410 and S500 cameras too.

-Steve
Whoohoo! Thanx, I'll be checking back!

jason
Old Mar 10, 2004, 8:43 PM   #39

Default 4 GB Card with Canon S1 IS

Does this card work with the Powershot S1 IS in movie mode -- specifically is it capable of recording a whole GB of (approx. 9 min.) 640 x 480 video at 30 pfs? I only ask because there is a note on all reviews of the Canon S1 IS that says a whole GB of VGA video at 30 fps requires a "fast" memory card but not exactly how fast.

A would appreciate any feedback greatly because I don't want to buy this mp3 player, disassemble it, and then have it be too slow. Then it would be non-refundable for sure.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
user2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 2:19 PM   #40
Administrator

Yes the 4GB microdrive works just fine in 30fps movie mode in the S1 IS.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote