Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:48 PM   #1

Default SDHC not recognized in Fuji HS20EXR

I have a fairly new Fuji hs20exr bundled with a Dane Elec 8GB SDHC card. Currently it is not recognized at all in the camera; however, my PC's card reader can write/read to it. The camera is not at fault as I bought a SanDisk card and all is normal.

Having read posts on this forum I downloaded and ran SD Formatter; to no avail. I've also read about the recommendation to format (via camera not the PC) periodically; something I've not done.

Prior to this dysfunction I use a USB card reader to view, delete images, copy/move images from the camera to the PC with no formatting in between. Is doing this a mistake and probable cause for the camera not to see the card? I use Windows OS's delete, copy etc. modes for images with the card reader; should I use connect the camera via the USB and use the Fuji software for these functions?

How often should a format be performed? I recall that less than 1GB was used on a 8GB card when it was function properly.

Is the card history?

In advance thank you for your time and support.
radunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:21 PM   #2

G'day mate

I see your post has been here a few days ant not received any response

The card-use circuitry inside the camera is designed for a range of cards available during the design phase of the camera - so that in later years, newer and different cards may / may not work okay. However I don't think that's the case here > it's just an observation

With the 'offending' card ...
Q- do you have a mate into whose camera this card could go to give it a try? if it works, then your camera has an issue - if it doesnot work, the card has an issue;
Q- is the shop you got the card from nearby? - can you take the card into the shop for them to try in several other cameras?

If all else fails you could ask the shop to swap it for another brand, or you just give the card to someone else and you start all over ... it sometimes happens that way

Hope this is of some help
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day mate

With the 'offending' card ...
Q- do you have a mate into whose camera this card could go to give it a try? if it works, then your camera has an issue - if it doesnot work, the card has an issue;
Q- is the shop you got the card from nearby? - can you take the card into the shop for them to try in several other cameras?
Phil,
Thank you for the response; I'm surprised so few . Apparently, it is the card as a 'new' card works. However, the offending card IS responsive in the computer. Again, thanks
radunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:00 PM   #4

G'day again

Quote:
Originally Posted by radunn View Post
Phil, .... . However, the offending card IS responsive in the computer. Again, thanks
Okay - but the 2 devices are both computers & running 2 operating systems
We saw a lot of this a couple of years ago with the introduction of cards over 2Gb - many cameras could not recognise them, so they had to keep using the older design, smaller capacity cards

Whatever is the issue, find your solution and enjoy taking lots of photos
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:38 AM   #5

Is it because that the memory card was not formatted before using? or the camera just does not support the card well?
angelam9 is offline   Reply With Quote