Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 18, 2004, 11:41 AM   #1

Default CF-II or microdrive

Is there a difference on speed between the 1 GB CF-II ultra or 1 GB microdrive?

Regarding the new 2 & 4GB microdrives, I found on Steve’s microdrive storage devices:

Other significant technical achievements include a data transfer rate increase that represents a 50 percent improvement from the previous-generation Microdrive. Hitachi engineers estimate that the new data transfer rates are faster than all competitive solid-state data storage products available today.

Would this be true only for dSLR cameras or the DSC-F828 would also see this difference on speed?

Will I find a difference in speed if I use a 1 GB CF-II ultra or 1 GB microdrive on a Sony DSC-F828?

I found this camera does not buffer the RAW image, so you need to wait for ~ 10 seconds. The use of any of the previously mentioned media would improve this situation?

Thanks,
Old Feb 18, 2004, 12:58 PM   #2
NHL

Default Re: CF-II or microdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Gators
I found this camera does not buffer the RAW image, so you need to wait for ~ 10 seconds. The use of any of the previously mentioned media would improve this situation?
No!
That's pretty much as fast as it goes for RAW, the camera is the bottle neck not the memory cards or the microdrive... (ditto with most SLRs)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote