Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:10 PM   #21
NHL

Here we go again:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=10293142

:-):-):-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:08 AM   #22
NHL

Here we go again (partII): http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1249&s=2

BTW the iPod drive will work in the Rio Carbon! :blah:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 9:01 PM   #23

Today, I saw both the 5Gb & a 2.5Gb version of these Seagate players at Best Buy. The 2.5Gb was about $149.00.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 10:44 PM   #24

NHL wrote:
Quote:
Here we go again (partII): http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1249&s=2

BTW the iPod drive will work in the Rio Carbon! :blah:
Okaaaay... can someone please tell me if the 4gb ipod drive (I have 49D version) will work in my Ipaq 2215 please, and if so, what is the formating process?? Thanks in advance.
Mulox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:53 AM   #25

Canon release a new version firmware 1.0.2.0 for S1 IS. It claimed to fix an communication issue with CF Card(The only issue this version fixed).

ButI never saw any report on CF card communication issue on S1 IS. And Canon explained nothing on this issue.

What do 1.0.2.0 really fixed? Can I guess that iPod or Nomad2 44C microDrivescan work on S1 IS now with the firmware 1.0.2.0?

Praying....
howewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:31 PM   #26

Hi,

I'm from Belgium and I just bought a Muvo2 with an Hitachi 4GB MD in it.

I wanna remove the MD, so I can use it in my HP ipaq h2210.

De Model n° of the Muvo2 is DAP-MDOOO1

On the back of the package, I find the follow Notice

The internal microdrive works only with your player and will not work with other Compact flash devices.

Is it possible to let it work into my iPaq?

I've no idea what the model n° of the MD is. I think its an 44C (Following the Notice on the back).

Can anybody help me out plz. I can bring it back to the store within 8 days if the seal isn't broken.

gsus
gsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:55 PM   #27

Its not gonna work! The iPaq 2210 and 2215 support CF media. The warning is telling you it is not CF compliant and will not work in CF devices. I would suggest that you return it. The 4GB is cheap enough with the rebate that buying the player vs. the retail drive is a moot point.
Shane Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:27 AM   #28

very informative thread, now i have a whte / black OEM 4g drive, but i can not see a corresponding part # that matches the above

My Model number shows

HMS360404D5CF00

P/N 13G1766

Is this drive compatible with a rebel or is this one of the newer drives - it was pulled from an MP3 player, but not sure how new the model was.

my Sandisk 6 in1 says not tou se microdrives in it - so it wont pick this one up and my PCIM adapter for a laptop does not work in my old tecra at the moment.
Mathiau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:51 AM   #29

A couple of months ago, I bought a 4GB Hitachi Micro-Drive from Ebay at $175. At the time, it was a great price. Since I had been using an Iomega 1Gig Micro-Drive, I just figured that a Micro-Drive was a Micro-Drive.

I popped it into my D100 and into my CP5K. It would not recognize in either unit. I tried formatting in both cameras to no avail. I tried formatting on my desktop. Again, to no avail.

I called Hitachilooking forwarranty service info They told me that my MicroDrive (via the serial number) was out of an MP3 player and could not be formatted to work in a camera.

Bottom line- BEWARE of where and what kind of Micro-Drives you buy. Hitachi could have taken care of my problem but chose to ignore it. Not good on their part.

I hope this helps.

Ron:roll:
GrtDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:16 PM   #30

Hello GrtDay,

I don't think its that Hitachi doesn't want to help you. You bought a drive that was extracted from an MP3 player. It was never intended to be removed and repurposed. Product support and warranty for the driveare handled through theMP3 player manufacturer.

I think you will find this is the case with almost all OEM parts.Several years back when I was intechnical support, I found myself saying the same thing to customers. Not because I didn't want to help, but out of protocol. It was something that we simply didn't support.

When OEM components are used in finished goods like an MP3 player or something else, thedevice manufacturer assumes support for the device and its components. In this case the Microdrivewould considered a component just likea displayLCD , etc. The device, documentation and/or the packagingprobably said that the drive cannot be removed and if it is the warranty is voided.The device manufacturer might alsodeny support and warranty as well. That is why you will find "Warranty void if removed" stickers on lots of finished goods.That is probably why the drive was so cheap in the first place.

You could sell the drive at auction to someone who is looking for a storage drive for an MP3 player. That way you could make back some of your money and buy a retail box Hitachi Microdrive with support and a warranty. Just a suggestion.I wish you luck!

Shane Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote