Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:56 PM   #51
NHL

Why go through all the trouble?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...23&Go.y=31

-> the 3G now goes for less than $120 :idea:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:26 PM   #52

:sad:
Microdrive products can contain 2 interfaces or modes: A) CF or Compact Flash, this interface is needed to use a Microdrive in a digital camera. B) IDE or Integrated Drive Electronics this mode is what is required to operate in a PC using a card reader.
While all solid state CF cards contain both interfaces, the CF interface, and the IDE interface, some large Microdrive products contain only the IDE interface, these are normally found among Microdrives removed from Apple MP3 players or similar, these type of Microdrives, with only the IDE interface, are incompatible with a Digital Camera and will not work.Don't waste time and efforts formatting is useless.
ShutterPutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:35 PM   #53

:sad:
Microdrive products can contain 2 interfaces or modes: A) CF or Compact Flash, this interface is needed to use a Microdrive in a digital camera. B) IDE or Integrated Drive Electronics this mode is what is required to operate in a PC using a card reader.
While all solid state CF cards contain both interfaces, the CF interface, and the IDE interface, some large Microdrive products contain only the IDE interface, these are normally found among Microdrives removed from Apple MP3 players or similar, these type of Microdrives, with only the IDE interface, are incompatible with a Digital Camera and will not work.Don't waste time and efforts formatting is useless.

On the bright side, very few <TrueIDE Mode> Digital Cameras can use the the only IDE interface Microdrives.
ShutterPutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:36 AM   #54

does the Hat 4gb

45Aor 075

microdrives work in the canon 350d ?
mking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:51 AM   #55

Mathiau wrote:
Quote:
My Model number shows

HMS360404D5CF00

P/N 13G1766
Iboughta drive identical to this on ebay

It's from a mp3 player but not sure which

Formated it in my PC's card reader - Fat32

Works fine in my Canon 350D/Rebel XT
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 5:23 AM   #56

Hello, somebody knows if this microdrive works with videocamera JVC MC500?

thanks
gaf00tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:55 PM   #57

I too am one that spent money before fully informing myself on these MD's. Heck, I had no idea there were so many different MD's out there.

Anyways, I have a model: HMS360404D5CF00 P/N: 13G1766 that does NOT work in my 350xt. It seems from what i've read that the difference lies in thelast three digitsbelow the bar scan lines. Mine end in 46C. I haven't seen anyonecomment onone of these on this post.

It also doesn't work in either of my 2 card readers, and i'm not shure if either is a true IDE reader. Going to FRY's in the morning for another card reader.:?

I have no idea what this MD came out of. The e-bay seller said it worked in his MUVO.

49884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:29 AM   #58

The only Hitachi 4Gb Microdrive I have found not to work immediately with my 350D is the one with the Apple icon.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:41 PM   #59

I have a portable 20g battery powered Hard Disk Drive: PhotoChute from SmartDisk that has a USB port so pictures may be downloaded to it in the field so as to free up your camera card. All you needis the propriety USB cord from your camera. $140 [$100 on Froogle] Did have a $70 rebate a month ago.

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote